|
| So what's new? |
| Monday, April 26, 2010 |
To be frank, nothing. Same old same old. So I am going to write the same old stuff. Stuff in my head, stuff in my small world.
Recently I came across this blog, burbed.com. About the attrocious cost of living in CA or Bay Area to be specific. I dont know what the author has against Tech people. While I do agree that the cost of living is utterly atrocious, that is no reason to have a dedicated blog to just mock about it. I am not saying this because I live here, I still consider myself an outsider, still settling in.
But ever since we moved here, we havent taken a whole weekend off, or even a day off to do something, travel, or something. I really need a vacation. Its been ages since we went out to do something fun outside of 100mile radius. I may get to take some time off in May before the second storm. So we have to get to planning!
This Saturday after a long time, we spent time at home, soon after the 7AM run in Rancho San Antonio Park. Its really beautiful and refreshing to be up so early and go running on the trail. The weather is getting warmer. I made sambhar, without sambhar powder, arachuvitta sambhar. It was soo yummy! My mouth waters even as I think about it ;--)
And Sunday DH decided to make Tandoori Chicken Barbeque. He diligently made the lsit of items needed and we shopped for them the previous day. He marinated the chicken the night before and let it sit through the night. Over all the chicken was delicious, we had it with Garlic bread.
Some of the guys ran the Big Sur relay, I was looking at the Website and was soo motivated. If it is amazing to drive on Hwy 1, how amazing would it be to run on it?! Quite heavenly. May be some time I can run at the Big Sur event.
Its nice to cut gym, because I need a break from running, and be blogging instead of working.
Dad retired last year and he is keeping himself busy with Church activities. I really admire him. For all he has done for us. I dont know if its just maturity or wisdom that comes with age, but I find him super calm in all situations, knowing to take things as they are, without judging anyone. I wish I were like him. I take some qualities from Dad and some from Mom, and I am figuring out which ones too. Its a revelation for me.
Whenever I see myself brushing shoulders with those that would just drive by in an AC car in India (they are rich in my dictionary) while I would be waiting for the bus, I think that I have achieved stuff through hard work. But it doesnt even compare with what my Dad has accomplished. From being the son of an uneducated peasant couple, being surrounded by those not interestd in studies at all, my father rose up from the dumps, to do a double degree and to move to the city. He had to take up the three year BSc instead of Engineering in REC because he wanted to graduate in three years to support the family and couldnt afford the then 5 yr engineering degree. In our family, my Dad is the most well off, for whatever its worth, and I have exactly one cousin who has done his ME apart from myself and my brother. It just stuck me recently that I should be thankful and grateful to my Dad else I wouldnt be where I am now, for whatever its worth.
Oops looks like I got carried away with my thoughts.
On to some lighter stuff. On Saturday after the run, I had to attend a conference call right at noon. I was on my laptop and attending the call, I was feeling so sleepy I thought I will close my eyes and listen to the call. I didnt realize I had dozed off until I heard my name. "SK..SK should be able to coordinate..blah blah blah. SK, can you do that?" I woke up with a start and fuddled to unmute the phone and put on an artificial chirpy voice to say "Sorry I was muted, yes yes I should be able to do it" biting my tongue as I said those words, for I knew not what I signed up for. I still dont know what I signed up for!! I have asked them to send me the minutes so I can figure out, but nope, no minutes so far :--S I hope I didnt sign up to lead a team in Oklahoma like Chandler :--D
DH is funny, I think he gets his inspiration from Vivek may be. So we were coming back from Church and DH was driving slowing behind this battered car which wouldnt go beyong 20mph. DH got irritated and changed lanes. While I just said,"Man why is he driving so slowly?" DH said," Avangala yaaro nalaikku dinnerkku kooptu irukkanga. Adhan ippove kelambi poyittu irukkanga, nalaikku poi seruvaanga" ( Somebody has called them for dinner tomorrow, thats why they have started driving now, they will reach tomorrow on time if they start now) I laughed so hard! There was one more thing that he joked about, I dont remember it now.
And thus goes on life.
Have a good one! |
posted by SK @ 7:24 PM  |
|
| 6 Comments: |
-
-
A very cute post :) refreshing sans philosophy or cribs unlike so many other blogs (including mine :D)
I have to check out burbed.com now! Oh, have you been to Monterey bay
-
nama gen sama somberi.our appas and all gethu.tried to do something diff.free
-
Same pinch Yesskay :) Eppo namba vetti a veetla summa okkandaku mudiyum?
-
Nice post...arachuvutta sambar to big sur relays to old couple joke to appa ninaivugal... :)
-
Nandini, Thanks! :--) Monterey yes, many times over, can never get tired of it :--) Soin, Hahah adhennamo true. KB, Retire early?? :--D Saumya, thankoo. :--)
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
This comment has been removed by the author.