|
| Seven days of positivity - Day 6 |
| Wednesday, August 11, 2010 |
Wednesday Hump Day.
1) Today most of all I am thankful to the new job. I am able to appreciate a normal day at work. I can go to work at 8:30 and leave at 5. And I have so much time to do other stuff. In fact I am kind of free, basking in the 'newbie' shade.
2) I am thankful to the Architect who was kind enough to spend a big chunk of his time explaining me the basics of what I will be working on.
3) Thankful for the Toastmasters Club being universal, all over the world. I went to the meeting here and though it was different and I quite missed my old club, I am glad to resume my speeches here in the new club.
4) I am actually thankful for the long drives. ;--) Gives me a lot of me time. I can think about things, run them in my head. I can practice my speeches while driving. ;--) Today however I sang on top of my voice with the iPod, Thigatta thigattave kaadhal from Yaadhumaagi, great song, rekindles some old memories. I want to resume singing, somehow, have to investigate options.
5) I am thankful to a friend who posted this on FB - http://www.chriswalkeronline.com/innerwealth/2010/05/supernatural-happiness-the-one-thing-we-cant-fake-.html Made a lot of sense. Yet another reason to just be happy. "Happiness resides in the human heart, and no substitute can replace it. Generosity, kindness, compassion and gratitude are the four emotions that help. Hate, anger, greed and envy are four emotions that don’t help."
Ta-ta! |
posted by SK @ 9:09 PM  |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
Isn't it nice when people take the time to explain to you and make you feel included in the team :)
Enjoy your new job.... BTW, love your positivity thread. Don't stop at 7 days please - or at least do this once every few months :)
-
Saumya, yes very much :--)) Thankoo. I just wrote that I want to do this more often. ;--))
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Isn't it nice when people take the time to explain to you and make you feel included in the team :)
Enjoy your new job.... BTW, love your positivity thread. Don't stop at 7 days please - or at least do this once every few months :)