| For a long time I thought happiness was a destination or a goal. Then I came to realize it is a journey.
I am not by nature a happy person. I brood, I worry, I stress over things. I have consciously made an effort to NOT do all these things. Because really my life aint as bad as the rest of the world.
When I did the Happy Day thing everyday, I was really happy, because I looking for happiness in small things. The time I stopped I fell back to my old ways of brooding. I blamed it on hormones, on work, on DH, or BSK.
Then I came across the 100happydays project. Just what I needed! So I have been instagraming my happiness and I have to say I have had a happy 79days so far.
Life is filled with so many small moments of happiness every single day. A smile can bring you happiness, an empty lunch box, a new package, a long awaited sink, brand new airport, same clothes, fooooood!, meeting friends, over the past few days small things have brought me happiness. And they are more cherishable because I have saved them in my own little instagram account, to see when I am blue, when I am sad, to pick myself up and get on with life.
I am actually a little bummed that it is going to end in 21 more days. As they say happiness is double when shared. My own cheering squad has been sharing my happiness making me doubly happy and I am truly thankful for that.
Happiness for day - scheduling my LONG awaited sabbatical! It doesnt matter that it is still a year out and almost near losing it, but I spent half a day planning for it, dreaming about all the things I can do. Dreaming is happiness. Dreaming of the possibilities, of the things that can be done is happiness.
So do you look for happiness everyday?
|
sabbatical???? what why how! details!!!! :-D why do you need to sop in 21 days, do it as long as you want SK!! that's what happiness is all about, doing what you want to do.. :)
-fellow worry wart..