|
| F is for Fooooooooood |
| Monday, April 07, 2014 |
I have a very complicated relationship with food. It is high time I accept it.
I love food. But my body does not do well with lot of food. As I have stated multiple times in my blog, I have a tendency to get fat the moment I let go of my so called diet.
Rice, the staple food of TamilNadu does not gel with me. So I stopped eating rice altogether. I ate chappathis for a long time before I realized I could be gluten sensitive. So now I have switched to Quinoa in the hopes of controlling the lost cause that is my weight.
I cook lot of vegetables. Mostly bland. No smabhar, rasam type. Only vegetable or kootu item. So it can be eaten with rice or chappathi.
My daughter is the exact opposite of me. I dont know if she likes food. She does like chocolates and all other junk food. But regular mumum is very difficult for her to ingest if she is not really hungry.
So everyday is a nightmare to feed her. Starting from morning milk. I literally have to tell her like a million times to drink her milk by the time we are so tired we begin to wonder if it is all worth it. Which child doesnt like milk?
Then comes breakfast. Another nightmare.
I dont know what she does with the lunch I send her, but she eats 50-70% of it. She likes fruits, because they are sweet so she has a cup of fruit and a banana as snacks everyday.
Dinner is another nightmare. Earlier I used to give her chappathi every night for lack of time, but now I have started giving her pasta and idli and all.
It is like chewing and eating food is the toughest ordeal of her life time. She barely puts on weight. And is most certainly off the growth charts. Her pants get too small in length before her waist even starts fitting! It doesnt help that she is out of diapers.
Gosh, sometimes I wish I had her metabolism and her lack of appetite. And she had my slow metabolism and cravings for carbs.
Feeling rather depressed for both of us. I need to lose weight and she needs to put some one.
I wonder what kind of relationship people have with food? Do you think about food all the time, what next to eat how much to eat? Are you always conscious about what goes into your mouth? Cos it sucks. Especially since nothing visibily comes out of it.
How can I motivate myself to eat the right kind of food? On my mind today.. |
posted by SK @ 10:18 PM  |
|
| 5 Comments: |
-
were you ever thin - I mean as a child? If yes, try replicating that diet and lifestyle, no?
-
I was never thin even as a child, but neither mentionably overweight.. Of course now I am a bit overweight (thankfully not dangerously fat yet) - and I most definitely think it is because I don't eat and live the same way I used to back in school/college days!
-
Porkodi! The last time I Was thin was probably when I was 18! Times change, we change, metabolism is not the same. What worked 6 years ago doesnt work nowadays. This thing called age, this age of 30s..
-
SK,I have the exact same condition as you. My weight increases as soon as I let go off exercise and diet.I wonder how so many people dont exercise and still remain in the same weight. Oh and I LOVE food.
-
Ugh MK what to do with genes! :--(
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
were you ever thin - I mean as a child? If yes, try replicating that diet and lifestyle, no?