Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
M is for Mommyhood
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
World's toughest job. This is sums it up well.

http://time.com/63299/no-salary-no-benefits-no-sleep-this-is-the-worlds-toughest-job/


I teared up.
I may talk about what a wonderful child I have and how great a mother I am sometimes, but  there are times that I feel not up for it. I am not a mommy material. I am too selfish. I am lazy too.

I love BSK to bits. But sometimes, when she really riles me up the wall I wonder if I will ever to as patient as some other moms or heck DH. She tests my patience in a way that I have never been tested before. As I say she is my non existent MIL. ;--) Without doubt Mommyhood is the toughest job, always challenging, always testing, no respite.
But thank god for my 'associate' DH who actually does 50% if not more of the job. I would be hopeless and helpless without him.

Now let me get back to my other not so tough job while I get a break from the world's toughest job. :--)



posted by SK @ 11:10 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know I am skeptical about the truth of this - especially in this country. The women here demand equality (nothing wrong with it) so i have never met a couple here where it is just the MOM taking care of the baby. And even in cases where the mom looks after the baby it is expected an implied that the husband helps with chores like cooking, diaper changing, yard work, laundry, basically everything else.

    I think this will be true for all of our moms back in India.

    The fact that your husband (even if it is out of love and not expected) helps out more than 50% proves my very point. 24*7 MoMs is not the norm but an exception here.


     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger SK said…

    Anon
    you will be surprised how many households have working moms where dads do the bare minimum. I know quite a few..
    May be in well educated homes this is the case, but in normal middle class american families.
    And the dads only do it 'if they have the time' not because they want to, they dont compromise to do it. That is what needs to change.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com