|
| N is for nostalgia |
| Wednesday, April 16, 2014 |
Guess what I have been doing today? Feeling nostalgic. So I can write atleast one post from my heart. I have been dishing out such crappy posts in the name of posting, that I am mortified.
So today morning I thought ok N must be easy, I can do this. N for nostalgia! And coincidentally I finished watching DDLJ yesterday.
Oh SRK and Kajol looked so young and cute. The movie came out almost 20 years ago and I realized I sounded like my parents when they said they liked old movies. I could not understand how can they like black and white slow movies with fat actors. Now I understand.
SRK did not go around showing his abs. Still looked cute. Kajol, had normal wavy hair :--O and still looked pretty. I could make out the make up thought. Erm because I was subjected to this north indian kind make up and made to look like a hindi serial aunty for my brother's wedding in Delhi. So that has not changed.
So this movie came out in 1995. I was in 10th std. I used to think Kajol was fat :--P Why wouldnt I when Rani Mukherjee in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai was petite and tiny and terribly chick? Even the normal Kajol would look fat. Now I look and she seems just normal and thin and quite frankly looking good and pretty.
Watching this movie took me back to my 10-15 years. I didnt even remember the plot of the movie or anything. It was like watching it for the first time, not sure what my 15 yr old brain registered from thsi movie. Now I look at it and see how male chauvinistic it is.
I thought I always listened to Hindi songs only in my childhood. Turns out I am wrong. I listened to hindi songs only for 5 years fully. 10-15 years. I downloaded DDLJ songs and listened to it on my way to work. Oh man! I could still remember the lyrics to the songs which I would have listened to a million times sitting in my room in Chennai. Nostagia Central!!
We were in Bombay when I made my very first hindi song tape. Meine Pyar Kiya on one side and QSQT on the other. I used to wait for Sundays to watch Superhit Muqabala. Jaadu theri nazar, baazigar, are songs I have had heart melts listening to. Such awesome music! Anu Malik, Jatin Lalit.
Oh Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik were my favorite singers. Kumar Sanu has such an amazing voice.
DDLJ songs are sung by him and Latha and Asha I think.
Zara sa jhoom loon mein - such a beautiful carefree song. Captures the mood so beautifully. Both of them look so young. I know I liked SRK at one point. Now I dont. And I wondered why I liked him before. Now I know. He looks so cute ;--P And Kajol is a great actress. SRK was apparently 30 in this movie. Looks too young and has too much hair for that age :--P
I am truly on the nostalgia train. Googled some Kuch kuch hota hai scenes and watched. COuldnt find the full movie would love to see it. DDLJ was there on Netflix!
Slowly my interest in hindi songs dwindled. Now I cannot watch or listen to hindi movies and songs unless it comes with great recommendation.
Not sure if I liked this movie and songs only because i liked them when I was 15 or if they are actually really nice. What do you think? |
posted by SK @ 11:29 PM  |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
Long-time follower of your blog delurking to share the info that KKHH movie can be found on einthusan.com Also, I like your honest posts about everyday life, mostly your warm ousts about BSK. Best wishes! Padma
-
......your warm posts about BSK. Padma
-
Padma THank you very much!!! I have to watch this one this weekend :--)) Good to see you delurk :--))
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Long-time follower of your blog delurking to share the info that KKHH movie can be found on einthusan.com
Also, I like your honest posts about everyday life, mostly your warm ousts about BSK. Best wishes! Padma