Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
O is for Omana Penne
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Not Trisha .. or Jessi, Duh but my beautiful SIL, we will call her G.

Let me tell you I am in awe of G. She is this new age woman, very independant and very confident of herself. She is very different from all the other girls in my life. She planned the whole wedding, the WHOLE wedding. So she had a wedding she dreamt of. How awesome! I wanted to get married again after seeing their beautiful wedding ceremony. Meticulous planning, reminded me of Monica in friends of course, in a good way.

My father was a little reluctant to have a Mallu girl for a daughter in law. Because his notion is that Mallus look down on Tamilians. How crazy does that sound? I was surprised too when I came to know about her. I mean which girl in her right mind would agree to marry my brother :--P I spoke to her and I met her and I was surprised even more. She seemed too polished to fall for my brother. My brother is lazy, like me of course while she seems to be the thuru thuru kind.
When I spoke to her all I was looking for was an independance, self reliant girl, not one of those girls who depends on her husband for everything, and cannot make her own decisions. And she was not into engineering. She had a major in psycology. A breath of fresh air. That is something my brother liked too, he apparently did not want someone in IT, to lead a chaotic life in Bangalore.

Her family is too cute. She has a brother just like I have my brother, same age difference. Her parents are very nice, pious people too. It is too bad we didnt get a chance to spend more time together, but whatever time we spent was cherishable.

Oh the wedding! I have to write about the wedding but will wait for W I think. ;--)
I got some top notch makeup person for the chennai reception and she looked soooo pretty I couldnt take my eyes off of her.


posted by SK @ 10:48 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous I.L. Wolf said…

    You're right, she's lovely! Congratulations to you and your family, and many happy years ahead.

    http://bit2read.com/

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger SK said…

    Thanks Wolf! :--)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com