Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
R for Rest day
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
PS: I think I am behind by a day, not sure if I can try to make up. 

Today was a rest day in our trek. That doesn't mean you get to sleep all day. Instead we went for a 'short' hike 400m elevation (1200+ft) to acclimatize. I don't think I am acclimatizing well. I have all symptoms of AMS ( Acute Mountain Sickness), although mild. No appetite, breathless with less exertion, a little dizzy at times, even was nauseous last night. Last night was bad, couldn't sleep. I didn't think I could get out of the room in the morning. 

We saw Mt Lothse, 4th tallest peak in the world at 8500odd meters. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Mt Everest was not ready for us to see today, was hiding behind clouds. 



I will definitely write more in detail about the trip once I am back if I finish it. Honestly I don't think I can. I am taking one day at a time. We are at 3400m (12000ft ) altitude. Feel suffocated. I don't know if I can go up. Will take it one day at a time. As I mentioned I am the weakling in the group, terribly slow, each step hurts my feet. And altitude sickness too. Not sure when the helicopter will take me down. 

Oh! Also today is our 10th wedding anniversary ;--)) DH got identical looking sorta wedding rings. Neither of us wear rings. A small moment of happiness which lifted my spirits. It was my plan to trek for our anniversary. Now I am rethinking. I am largely low on energy and spirits, just too worried about everything that can go wrong. I feel all this trekking is not for me. As I said mind wishes, body refuses. Almost crying as I write this.

Until later.


posted by SK @ 3:09 AM  
19 Comments:
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger MK said…

    dear Sk.first of all happy anniversary.dont worry.do what you can.leave rest to god.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    Sk-i am in awe of you and your courage!chin up! Remember that this is once in a life time opportunity.

    Happy anniversary!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Sachita said…

    You will get there SK.
    This is all sorts of awesome - you taking up this hike for this wonderful occasion, able to blog about it.

    It doesnt matter what your pace is, you have the right approach, as MK said earlier leave the rest to God.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Shachi said…

    happy anniversary to both of you!

    just be happy about what you can accomplish.....you are in the elite group who can even do as much as you already did.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Bbygal said…

    Hi,

    you should feel proud of taking up such a challenging trek - is it the one to Everest Base camp? Good luck and happy anniversary.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger MK said…

    SK..how is it going???

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Sachita said…

    Hi SK.
    Waiting for the next post.

     
  • At 3:17 AM, Blogger MK said…

    sk just heard about the earthquake .hope u r safe.sending my prayers

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Zeen ! Tell me you guys are okay. Am worried. @everyone if you get their news please update us here asap
    Manousha

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Ashwini said…

    SK,
    Just read about the earthquake.
    Hope you are doing fine.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Sachita said…

    SK: hope you are doing fine.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger MK said…

    her FB friend just posted that they are doing fine.She happened to check with SK's mom.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you doing OK. Take care SK!

    S

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you and your group are safe and fine..

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Sachita said…

    Thanks, MK

     
  • At 3:55 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    So glad to see the fb update..stay safe and get home soon..

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Shilpa said…

    Really glad you are ok...Just got a lil worried for minute. Good luck!

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad you are fine... Usually I just read your blogs, and was worried for your safety when I heard about the earthquake.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger radha said…

    So glad to hear you are okay. Was looking for an email to contact you as soon as I heard about the earthquake but so glad to hear the update that you are fine.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com