(written 7pm last night)
..when I want to cuddle under the blankets and sleep away to glory. So that's exactly what I am upto now. I excused myself from the meetings tonight, left the kitchen as is. I am working on stopping my mind from playing the interview I had today over and over again. Stop! If it is meant to happen it will happen. Again I noticed I don't get some things because there was always something better waiting for me. I realized I wouldn't be going to Africa if I had not been shot down for another opportunity I wanted. I don't want to mess anything.
The funny thing is everyone takes it for granted that I am outgoing. I told this one person it took me a few years to get there. It is amazing how the whole personality that I showcase at work overflows with confidence. My first boss in my first job would not believe it.
I kissed my little doll good bye today morning while she was still sleeping. Flying to F town always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, even when I am a bit sleep deprived. The people are like a big family. And they are simple too. I kinda like the casual shorts and slippers culture.
Like I totally needed it I managed to see rows of awards for best instruction at events at some colleagues cubes. I need to be dedicated and sincere and face it work hard and have enough dry runs in order to have a successful class. Expertise, zest, enthusiasm and a genuine interest in making sure people understand what I am saying.
Again enough work.
Got 8 new members to our Moms Club, thanks to our full day of promoting the club at a local Antique Faire. I am getting good at cold calling people. And also being thick skinned to brush away sly ignores.
(writing current)
..sorry it has to be work again. GOT THE JOB!! I have been eyeing it for two three years, but only now I have the relevant experience to perform the duties. Me from 2-3 years ago will be super ecstatic. Current me is ecstatic too! I always knew this current role was a short stepping platform, 2 years, it is amazing how much I have learnt and how much I have grown in the non technical areas.
I cannot help but start thinking about the next hard things to do including the transition and figuring out the whole exit. I need to party a little before that! Chalo!
|
oh heartiest congrats...is this the one we talked about? great going!!!