I had a list of things to do for the weekend. Finalize birthday party plans, shop and ship. Look into Taiwan Visa for travel the week after, follow up on some companies, clean up the kitchen a little bit before the open house.
House is a mess with painting going on. I have to record this here about BSK. BSK was so intrigued by the painting uncle. Usually she doesn't go talk to anyone on her own but with this uncle she went again and again and asked him questions on top of questions. She even offered to get him water and help him with other stuff. She even offered him her priced tattoos which is to confirm his acceptance into her innermost circle. The reason is the fact that he was painting, something she loved dearly.
So anyway the guys came to work today also, and since it was family room day, it was better to take off and be out. BSK was so excited that I came and watched her ice skating class. Then we are at Panera Bread and went to Jungle Book.
The kid is super cute! The animals too were. It gave a perspective of how animals look at mankind and wonder in awe about evolution. Why did man get smarter while all the other animals have stayed the same?
We visited some neighboring new homes just for time pass, and came back home. Work was still in progress so we cuddled in out bed and had a short nap. I woke up with a bad headache. DH and BSK headed for a walk. One of those weekends when I just want to laze around. Got teeny bit of my tasks done postponing everything to a busy Sunday.
I have been to the gym the past two weeks because work has been busy and weekends have been busy too. Will life ever get a little slow to give me time to go the gym? I should rephrase my question, will I ever take my life at a leisurely pace enough to make time for the gym? The guy two cubes next to me who was walked out this week used to be at the gym the same time as me. It hurts me to think of him. I guess people will be alright. But it still is tough.
I guess I felt like having a good cry. Sometimes it helps. So we watched Thanga Meengal for sometime. Poor Appa, smart kid labeled as stupid by the school, BSK told me 'I also learnt my songs slowly only but my teacher didn't get upset.' I cried. I missed BSK's spring program this week, DH attended. But I did go and read some books to her class as part of Parent Reading Time, which BSK totally loved. Her teachers finally saw her reading out the lines in excitement and were very surprised in awe. I need to get next level books for her, we are done reading Henry and Mudge, Annie and Snowball, Mr Putter and Fancy Nancy. She doesn't like the big girl Amelia Bedelia books. One day I told her I will not read a book with her because she behaved badly. She asked to read on her own for 10minutes which I was okay with. She seems to like it and so nowadays she reads a book on her own for 10mins after we finish reading a book. Don't ask me how it came to that.
Sometimes I just want a hug, some comforting words, some good laughs, like good old days when friends and our issues were the biggest issues. I long for a simpler life.
Downtime is almost over. Sunday will begin and the wheels will start turning. So I will relish this night savor it to its fullest.
Goodnight!