|
| Field Day, blah blah |
| Wednesday, December 05, 2007 |
Classes are boring, I have no clue how I managed to be attentive in school/college all day long, day after day. We are mostly in training nowadays. Full days trainings with breaks every two hours or so. Average concentration time for a normal human being is not more than thirty minutes. If I am working, I take a break every thirty minutes for atleast a minute. Yesterday's class was interesting but very difficult to keep eyes open. Fortunately, we were at work, with laptop access, wireless access, and cafe access. Coffee and emails every thirty minutes helped me survive. Today on the other hand was different. Apparently all the big conference rooms were reserved. We have six buildings, but very few rooms to hold 150 people at one time. So we had a field day. We went to a near by Church, of all places for the training. No wireless network. Laptops were just a burden to carry. We felt totally cut off from the outside world. Nine to four. A big consolation - cute,smart instructor ;--D Dont get me wrong. I strongly believe one is really blessed to be both good looking and smart. When one is, my admiration for them is exponential. This person was from Israel, most Mediterraneans, men, women, alike have great features. He was too young to be an architect. So he must be really brainy. All our architects are uncles, with grey hair showing, he was an exception. He was dressed sensibly. Not too careless, not too flashy. Just my type. Actually I didnt notice how smart he was in the morning session. And then we went to lunch. While returning, we saw him walking in with sun glasses. I was bowled over. :--) In a good way, Ok. Of course I was super attentive in the afternoon session. Drank in each and every word he said. He told us, it was as difficult for him to take the class as it was for us to sit through it. As it was midnight sleeping time for him, he had landed in US only on Monday, what with the jetlag and all. He was funny too, at times, when he smiled he got those crow-feet things on the sides of his eyes. Cuutee. So anyway, lesson learnt from this session, apart from the real stuff, is that, the presenter really matters, in order for the presentation to reach the audience successfully. :--)
We girls decided to go hit the stores after the class. It is really fun to shop, be it even window shopping, when you are actually supposed to be working. ;--) Another of the simple pleasures. Checked out some elliptical machines, my friend wanted to buy one. And then went to Bath and Body Works, a store I never come out empty handed. Finally Borders, bought the Kite Runner, DH is going to kill me, and headed home with a very light happy heart, to get ready for gym.
Some days for no reason I feel happy, answering a tough question, talking with friends, meeting a smart inspiring architect ;--).
*****
One of my girl friends, might be leaving our team. We are only five girls in a team of thiry five or so, we cant afford to lose even one girl. Her husband went off to pursue MBA full time in the east coast. He is busy with his studies, she does all the travelling I feel so sorry for her. She is in a dilemma, to quit and be with her husband or not. Pressure from in-laws too to join him. Balancing personal life and career is sooo tough, especially when both husband and wife want to grow in their careers. Why do they expect the girl to throw away what she has made for herself, for the guy? She too has aspirations and dreams and ambitions no? Sigh! I can never come to peace with it. Since I am the most experienced person with 'long-distance marriage' I gave her whatever advice I could. To take come classes, music, dance anything, read books, do social service. But I think she has made up her mind to move. :--( I mean I can understand if she had to move because he got a job elsewhere and they want to settle elsewhere. But MBA will be for two years, and then again he will move to some other city and she will also ditch whatever she was doing and tag along with him. Isnt it unfair? Why cant guys be considerate of their wife's too? Is it too much to ask in a relationship?
****
While on the topic of 'smart' how do they pick participants for this show 'Are you smarter than a fifth grader?' Last week was the first time I saw a full episode. Yes yes, we got cable again, and have been spending all weekends in front of the idiot box, new one, HD and all, have to flaunt. 'If you are standing at the Equator, which direction should you look to see the sun rise?' The guy goes, 'I am pretty sure the sun rises in the east or west....' and poses as though he has been asked a question of life and death. I could have hit him on the head with a hammer.
!!!!!!!!??!!! What the?! |
posted by SK @ 8:23 PM  |
|
| 7 Comments: |
-
hahaha, see, the show has also provided you with entertainment :)
-
I might be dumb but how does it matter whether you are on the equator or some other latitude?
-
ushaar Mr.K!!! romba jollu inga!!!
-
I have seen the show too. Its soo dumb !
-
Rads, haha thats true!
OK, check this post of mine. May be thats why they added that part to the question. http://ramblingsonly.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html
KC,LOL!! I did ask permission from DH before putting this post up :--)) In return he wanted to write about the airhostesses on his flight. ;--)
Dushti, totally!!
-
SO let me get this correct. Near the north pole, in the summer 24 hours of sun. In the winter, 24 hours of darkness? I still dont understand the north-west part. You have me intrigued. Will do some reading.
-
OK,
Did you check it out? Convinced-a? Its amazing la?
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
hahaha, see, the show has also provided you with entertainment :)