|
| And thus life goes on |
| Thursday, February 10, 2011 |
I love my prenatal visits. The doctors and the nurse are amazing. Caring for other people is their job, how lucky are they! My midwife especially is awesome, always funny, loves talking about her dogs. I usually have a whole bunch of questions, but now I have kind of settled into my pattern, not so many questions. She was surprised. And she also said I am 'disgustingly normal', except for the one scare at the 20wk ultrasound. However it may be, normal is good. Boring is good.
A whole bunch of stuff to do as I am close to entering the third trimester. Maternity leave, hospital visits, classes, generally getting prepared for the final leg. Although I sometimes get scared, as my friend says, so many have done it, why wouldnt I be able to?
Thanks to the whole load of snacks and sweets from India, which I ate guilt-free, claiming pregnancy as a reason plus the hunger pangs that have hit me with full force, I have put on a full 5lbs this month! I am not proud of this. I have been eating white rice, mostly with yogurt and dhal and sambhar for lunch, not liking Chappathi's much, which also probably contributed to the lbs. So drastic measures need to be taken. Switching back to Bulghar wheat, although I dont know how I can eat my favorite curd rice with bulghar wheat or brown rice :--( Any ideas?
Had been craving Pav Bhaji for the past few weeks until finally I made some at home. And coincidentally Mumbai Roadside food was on the agenda for the A.I.D fund raising meeting. And Pav Bhaji it was for dinner! Now I know how to make some real Mumbai Pav Bhaji, mine is too healthy :--P I say all things Indian should not be so easily accessible. The whole charm is lost. Yesterday just for the heck of it I took a detour to Chaat Cafe to get some Papdi Chaat and Samosa Chaat for dinner. And I wasnt even craving it so much. Sigh! I dont want to get bored of good food!!!
You can clearly see food is on my mind quite a bit :--P
After cribbing about feeling bored and bored and bored of everything, read about Pregancy Blahs here, finally found a Poker Game to keep me engaged for some time. Pretty soon I have to start preparing for an Exam. That will keep me occupied until March may be.
Work has become a joke. We were in dungeon mode for the past three weeks. This is the mode where everyone in the team sits in a conference room together and working on tiny laptop monitors, brainstorming, trying to get work done quicker. But what is the point in all this 'crisis' mode when there are so many other inefficiencies gaping right at you, which of course everyone is oblivious to. I cannot wait to get out. In the mean time I will just have fun laughing at their state.
Who would have thought SK would have to be dragged to go for a walk? Become toooooo lazy. DH has taken it his responsibility to drag me to walk everyday. Lets see how that works out.
Did I write about how adorable DH has been lately? The limitless pampering is the only part I will miss from this pregnancy :--P More later when the time is right.
And thus life goes on. |
posted by SK @ 6:09 PM  |
|
| 7 Comments: |
-
-
Enjoy the pampering while it lasts :)
-
wonderphul! when baby shower? dont write just one line in the name of privacy and all!
-
You know thacchi mum with brown rice is good. Take 3/4 cups of brown rice basmati and mix it with 1/4 cup of good old white rice. Then, keep 1:3 water and 3-4 whistles in the cooker. Mis with curd and season with mustard seeds and "more molaga"....Yummitty Yumm Yumm!
-
oo so is your midwife by any chance Carla @ PAMF? She was mine too , if that is the case :).. and yeah.. do enjoy the pampering while it lasts :) funtimes.. good luck!
-
KD, thanks! :--)
Mahes, :--)) You mean its going to end soon?
Porkodi, :--)) Thinking about baby shower, plans are still in progresss.
Saumya, I have to try this, once I get the brown rice. I will miss it other wise. :--( Curd rice rocks no?!
Daisy, Yes!! :--) I think I should mail you and ask for some recos, senior! :--)
-
about an year ago...we switched from white to brown basmati rice...& we love it...give it some time SK..you will never go back to eating white rice regularly....
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
What!!! Congrats
-KDK