|
| Movies and V-day |
| Tuesday, February 15, 2011 |
Watched three movies over the past weekend.
Wake up Sid - I openned Netflix to watch Noone Killed Jessica. Since I saw the movie had subtitles, I figured DH would also watch it. So to pass time until DH came, I watched Wake up Sid. I dont have the guts to watch sappy emotional slow Hindi movies. But this one was good for the background while I did stuff around the house and online. I do remember the rains of Bombay and I liked the reference to it in the movie. I liked Aisha's character and was smitten with the idea of starting alone and independant in a new city. My own flashback flashed across my mind. Moving out of the place which I shared with another girl, who had the habit of not turning on the heater in Feb in Madison, :--(, moving into my very own apartment for the first time, brought second furtniture and shopped endlessly for things to decorate the little place with. Yes, I think it was prefect, one of a kind experience. Growing up from a measly spending Grad student to an earning adult. How can I forget my two little fishies and my adorable kitties! All the other mush in the movie was usual.
Noone killed Jessica - Was an okay movie but whats with all the needless use of swear words? To show journalists are tough or cool or whatever? It felt like too much drama to me at some points.
The Social Network - This was a good one. Started the movie while I was doing something on the laptop, the first few minutes had such awesome dialogues I rewinded and paid more attention to the movie. My awe for such nerds increased manifold. I mean this guy is the youngest billionaire, younger than me. Tch tch. If you are a wannabe nerd you have to be like him. And no, I didnt find the movie boring.
Went to the beach on Saturday. Didnt want the last V-day as just a couple to be spent uneventfully. Half Moon Bay was beautiful. The weather was perfect. No jackets needed. We walked along the waves watching Indians taking Patel pics. So nice to have such beautiful places close by. Now if only there wasnt so much traffic. After looking around for a coffee place, finally ended up sharing a Sundae at Baskin and Robbins for old times sake. 11 years ago exactly around this time, DH and I sneaked out for an icecream 'date'. We talked and talked , about various things under the sun, over three scoops of icecream each. DH paid, foregoing his 'eat out' money for a month then may be, he later told me. ;--) Never imagined to be where we are now after so many years. Life does throw beautiful surprises at you. Yesterday when I remembered it was V-day, DH was out at the gym, and then I forgot and left to work. DH called up to wish me as I was driving. I thought of making something nice for him in the evening, but somehow was too lazy. I had chocolates for him though. DH being his usual sweet self, had a balloon and flowers when he got back from work. Its not like he has to show his love with material gifts, but I think as we get into the rut of life, its good to celebrate such days to remember and cherish the days together. For isnt for these days, and this life that we struggled and fought and toiled not long ago? When things are tough and fights are many, its these small things are keep us together and helps us cross the tough times.
Totally off the topic, for those budget conscious, www.mint.com seems to be an awesome tool to keep track of finances. My vote for it is 100%! |
posted by SK @ 4:09 PM  |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
last line made me go LOL! me too watched 3 movies last weekend!! :O
-
Porkodi, why did that make you laugh :--) Movie watching is the best thing to do for me this time around, what is your excuse? ;--)
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
last line made me go LOL! me too watched 3 movies last weekend!! :O