Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Out goes old and in comes new
Sunday, October 09, 2011

This quiet Sunday morning, instead of giving in to dream angels I decided to come down get something to eat while the laundary got done.

Yesterday started out as any other Saturday. Sleeping in till about 9, after waking up at 4:30, lazy breakfast, head bath for little BSK, vegetable rice (vegetable bulgar wheat for me, which was yummy, with the ghee smell lingering from the rice, it amazing how smells can be deceptive ;--)) for lunch while watching Super Singer rerun. Finally DH, FIL and I set off to AutoMall to look for SUVs.

We are a family, so we need a family car, no? The real reason was our Camry which was my first car out of school, bought way back in 2003, was giving one problem after another. It still drove fine, the engine is awesome, like most Toyotas but everything else was giving away. Plus tripping in a Sedan with a baby is a joke, although we did manage that a few times. We have been saving to get another vehicle ever since we got pregnant. We never got the time to go look for one. After putting it off for ages, we finally made it to the dealers yesterday.

We had one car in mind. I wanted a reasonable luxury model. When I bought my first car I knew I was not going to live in the US for long, so I got a used Camry with good resale value (well I got peanuts for it now, but we did use it for 8 years) Then we sold DH's first car Corolla to get a fancy 2 door Accord. That was back in 2006. So as you can see we havent been in the market for almost  5 years and just like technology cars also advance quite a bit every few years.

We looked at this car once and fell in love it, like a beggar falling in love with most mundane things. Luxury leather interior, perfect. Heated seats, wow! Adjustable heating, wow! Look at the console! How smooth does it drive! In built navigation system wow! HomeLink wow! Phone integration, WOW! Back up camera, WWOOW! In built entertainment eystem, WWWOOOOOWWWW! So we went gaping our mouth wide open for every single feature that is standard in most recent cars.

It was the first car we saw and test drove. I wanted to see atleast a few more before deciding to buy one. But then do we have the kind of time that is needed to go car shopping, driving numerous cars, waiting for the perfect deal? We liked this car a LOT, as you can see from all the WOWs. I was sad to think my car search came to an end so fast. But we had to make a call here. May be our precious weekends are worth the few hundred dollars that we may have paid extra for the new car saving time at looking more.

DH played the good negotiator, I cannot for the life of me negotiate one reason why I might get cheated all the way in India. At one point I almost give up. Just to save me the head ache and energy. But DH was sooo patient and stubborn he wore the sales man out.

We left home at 1:30 and were back at 9 in the night in the new car, I keep saying car, I should say SUV now right? We traded in my first ever car owned. I didnt even get to say a proper good bye. It was sudden adieu.

I think of the new car and I think of BSK. She will never know my Camry, in which she was brought back home, tiny and vulnerable. She will never know the Camry in which she made her first ever trip to Yosemite.  BSK will grow in this car from a baby to a toddler to a sweet little girl. This car will make some of her memories. She will fondly think of this car when she grows older to become an adult. I hope. To this I look forward.





posted by SK @ 8:17 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the new car :) :)

     
  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger Gradwolf said…

    Well done with the new car! Ivolo sollitu didnt mention what car. I had to click for the enlarged pic. Acura MDX eh? Too good!

    PS
    "ever since we got pregnant" ah?! :p

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger nourish-n-cherish said…

    Nice! Reminds me of my husband's post on his Acura Integra when it reached 100K
    http://srikris.blogspot.com/2007/08/0-100k-in-8-years.html

    Here's to excellent memories in your MDX!

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger SK said…

    Thanks Summerscript! :-)
    Graddie, hahaha in all the enthu forgot lol! Of course that the new way to put it, theriyadha? It no longer just a woman thing :--P

    Saumya,
    Yep read the post, i could write one about my Camry. Hmmm! :--)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com