Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Update on Goals as October begins
Monday, October 03, 2011

September goals Update -

Organization - I think things are going well in this front. Success - 90%.

Toastmasters - Went twice in four weeks. Won a ribbon too. Success - 50% but hey the challenge was to get started.

Volunteering - A couple of things are going very well. Went to help out at the Indian Ocean Concert for a few hours. Helping out with a Conference at work.  Success - 100%

Eating habits - I lost a few pounds, lots and lots to go.
* Limit white carbs - Didnt count, but in general have been staying away from white carb. Success - 80%
* Limit unnecessary sugar - Bad bad bad. Need to work on it more. Success - 30%

Workout - Going ok. Managed 4 days all weeks, 5 days some weeks. The days I couldnt go to the gym I went walking or did elliptical at home. Will give a 90%.

Learning - I thought this would be the easiest but Success - 70% some days I leave before the reminder pops up!

Help out in house hold chores :--P - I have been cooking once in a while. Doing baby related chores too.  So I will say success 70%

Cloth diapering! - 100% as you can see from my previous post :--) Ok 90% since I havent moved to using cloth wipes yet but the effort is in progress.

Reading - Not good. I may have read 30% of the time to BSK. Why? Because I love playing with her before bath. She is very active then. When I read to her she gets very unrestful. Of course her interest in books is to the level of wanting to somehow put the huge thing into her mouth. Will keep trying.

Sleep - How about 0%. I have decided that it is not possible for me to be at work by 8. I have to live with 8:30. My MIL comes down only at 7:30, I cannot leave home before that. Plus with Cloth diapering I have stuff to stuff every other morning. So this is dropped.

Overall ok I guess. Some things went well. Some not so much.

Goals for October -


Continue -
Being organized
Limiting carbs
Learning
Workout
Cloth diapering
Volunteering
Toastmasters
Chores

New/ improve old goals -
Eating habits - Limit sugar - Will give it a try again. I HAVE to lose 5 lbs this month people. Please ask me if I did on Oct 30th. Log every morsel I eat on LoseIt. I seem to be slacking there.
Abs workout - I need to focus on Abs so I can get into my pre preg clothes. I am almost there but not quite there ;--) So I want to do Ab workouts for 10mins every day. Lofty goal.
Reading to BSK - Give it a try again
Living in the moment - No worrying about the future or dreaming about the past, just to live in the moment. Prevents a lot of heart/head aches.
Prayer - Prayer is something that seems to have been crowded out of my morning routine :--( Because I carry BSK downstairs and a bunch of other stuff with me, I dont spend a lot of time infront of God. A quick 10secs is what I spend. Pathetic. :--( So I will go out, pray and then come get BSK and other stuff. That way my hands are not full and I am not in a hurry. Those precious moments I believe do make a big difference to the day.

Bring on October I say! Here's to a 5lb lighter SK! :--P
posted by SK @ 6:04 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just a tip, the AB workout / elliptical and spot reduction are myths...

    Eat healthy, 5 times a day... You can't cook so many times, so prepare what you want to eat at one stroke in the morning, or else, eating healthy won't happen!

    Increasing your metabolism with one sport or swimming / walking alone will bring down overall "weight" / "fat" levels... and increase vitality. No point in exercise for a specific part, because spot reduction is a myth...

    Your friendly fitness freak! :)

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Porkodi (பொற்கொடி) said…

    great going SK. i have been organizing my papers and mails for more than a week now, still nto done. (and then i have to get to do the tasks, LOL.) so how do you remember/manage to do all these new things in one go? right now am so overwhelmed with the list, i just sleep in the morning. (and damn it. it's winter already)

    yeah, i was also about to say the same thing as anonymous. but that aside, it'll be very helpful as an insight to have that long list of trainings you mention.. can you email me SK? (you still have my email id no? :D )

    doing over-reading and research on this subject, but my preferences and requirements are so different nothing fits :-( please SK? (no, i wont sue you and all, if injure myself.. hehehe)

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Anonymous SK said…

    Anon,
    :--) spot weight loss reduction may not work, but spot toning does! Which is what I want to do Abs for. You keep doing Biceps every day without anything else you might have awesome biceps.
    I am working out apart from abs.
    If I can lose weight with just walking that would be sooo awesome but it just does not happen.

    Porkodi,


    Hey which long list of trainings are you talking about?
    Will email :--))

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Sk said…

    Porkodi,
    Bah, see I dont even try to organize my paper work mails, I am only talking about being organized at work. :--P

    I pick things that are really eating my head off, so I cannot really forget them..

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Porkodi (பொற்கொடி) said…

    in your September goals post, you mentioned you're planning to strengthen core muscles and train.. adha kekaren..!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com