Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
I draw, you guess*
Monday, December 17, 2007
*Updated with answers to the drawings ;--D

* Dumbcharades at work with colleagues and managers at a birthday celebration was a lot of fun. Every month we have an hour dedicated to get together, cut a cake for everyone celebrating their birthday that month, and then have something for entertainment. The previous times, our comedian has pulled jokes from the Internet for us. One time, they played my singing video for everyone to see :--(, much to my embarrassment.

* With the holidays around the corner, its been all celebrations and free food at work. We had an IINDIA Event, one of the days last week, during lunch. Two of us went, ate, heard a man, droning on and on about India and our Company, and asking us to shout, Chak De I..! They were supposed to start playing Anthakshari, but we left as we had meetings in the afternoon.

* We had our team's Holiday Party. There was a dessert competition. They had prizes for best baked dessert, non baked dessert, best appetizer. I had planned to make something, like Kheer, or Kesari. But silly me, forgot about it and only remembered the morning of the event. Tossing my useless diet aside, I tasted everything on the table, from Bhelpuri, Artichoke Spinach Dip with bread, Two varieties of Cake, Thiramisu, custard, peanut butter cake, some coconut burfi kind of a sweet, Chips and dip, apples and caramel. Thats all I can remember. We played a customized Bingo, with clues customized to our project, with all tool names, our products, years, milestones etc as entries on the Bingo card. It was hilarious. Then we played Pictionary, the main theme being Winter events. Our team won!

* I was obviously waiting for Friday. Fortunately, the day was filled with meetings/trainings, so passed by pretty quickly. Friday evening, me and a Tamil couple and their friend went to an Indian Restaurant for Dinner. I had so much fun with them. There is something about spending time with people with whom you can relate to. Making holiday plans, and generally pulling each other's legs, eating off of others plate, I really enjoyed the evening.

* Later we went to the theaters to watch I am Legend. We were supposed to watch the 8PM show, missed it because of a delayed dinner. 9PM show was sold out, so we bought tickets for the 10PM show and sat inside the theater to chat away to glory. I forgot how funny and hilarious DH can be. I kind of take it for granted. Its only when I see other girls laughing at his jokes that I realize, I have a mood up-lifter right with me all my life.
Random jokes popped up.
Joey in Friends, " If homo sapiens were in fact home sapiens, is that why they are extinct?" One of us laughed so much, that she almost choked herself.
The day we went hiking in Point Reyes and we saw a Mom Elk and two baby Elks at close quarters, I got a little scared, and held on to DH. But when they ran away into the woods, I cried, So Cutee! and got nicely told by DH. Like I find animals cute from a distance, but am scared of them at close quarters, appararently there is no logic in that.
DH's popcorn eating habit is worth mentioning. He cannot watch a movie without Popcorn. We watched Om Shanti Om a few weekends back. DH found the movie bearable except for the last half an hour. You see DH was san-popcorn for the last thirty minutes. My theory is that DH finds a movie interesting as long as he has his popcorn to munch on. We got a huge bucket of popcorn, had three refills, for the five of us. DH must have eaten two buckets.

* Saturday we were in a dilemma, whether to watch The Kite Runner or not. It was limited release, we had to drive 1.5 hours to watch it. My obsession got the better of me, Saturday afternoon saw us at a theater, 80 miles awa from home. The movie was obviously below my expecations. It didnt set its impression as much as the book did. I feel the movie didnt do justice to the book. Or may be it was meant to be like that. I dont know. I am not a movie critic.

*Dropped in at an Outlet Mall. Brought myself a pair of shoes and sandals. DH said he was disappointed with me, for the fact that I never buy the girly stuff from stores. He said he wants to get some those girly things, like shoes and clothes and earrings and all that. "Wont I feel like buying you something?" He asked very pitifully. So to appease DH, ahem, I brought those shoes.

* Evening friends popped in for a game night. Till now anyone who has visited us has told good things about our little home. I cannot be much happier in that regard. "Wow! your place looks so nice! So contemporary!" Really they said that. I was on cloud nine. We played a game of Pictionary, boys versus girls. I have realized one thing. Atleast when it comes to Pictionary, boys and girls think differently. It was a lot of fun, many funny moments. Since I had a lot of fun, I took the pain to take pictures of our drawings and post them here. Try to take a guess. :--)
DH cannot write legibily, one can imagine how he draws. Check out his four legged animal. And I dont have any right to criticize his drawing I was horrible, when compared to the other girls. :--(

a. DH's works


* Mule - yes that thing was supposed to be a donkey, with load on its back


* Three Little Pigs - the other guy guessed PIG right away!


* Perfume - the guys got this too!

b. Yours Truly's Works


* Broccoli - :--) Carrot to denote vegetables, then the round thing to denote cauliflower, broccoli and the likes, man eating was drawn too.


* Kennel - Big house, small house, a cat denoting an animal - the girls just got the word


* Cameraman - That is a Camera - yes.

c. Girls' Works


* Button-down collar - The picture is pretty descriptive, well drawn


* Lip Read - pretty straight forward


* Quack :--)

* We played this game called ImagineIff.
ImagineIff Vijaykanth(Captain) were a four wheeler, which of the following would he be? Unanimous answer was a Hummer.
ImagineIff Vijaykanth were a package, which one would he be? Unanimous answer was some 'bulky package'. DH wanting to be different chose 'Fragile, handle with care'!
It was a hilarious game. ImagineIff X were a bodypart, what would he be? Some choices were face, butt, mouth, stomach. ImagineIff Y was on her first date, where would she kiss her date? Some choices were hand, cheek, lips, feet!. ImagineIff Z were a city, which one would she be? and such questions.

Some people have a way for making those around them very comfortable. I for one, am not one of those, and I would love to have such people around me. I am glad to have such friends.

* Sunday was a day for ourselves. Went to Church, prayed for everything and everyone. Cooked, and had a hearty lunch of dhal, rice and potato,beans sabji. Watched a movie, went to Borders, read through few pages of a couple of books, nothing arresting my attention like Khaled Hosseini. Sigh! I dont know when will be the next time that I will compete a book to the end.

While I am happy and content, I would like to save the moments in my blog, so the next time I feel down and friendless, I can read this post and give myself a kottu on my head.

Have a great week friends!
posted by SK @ 8:55 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger PBJ said…

    Felt good reading this post. Looks like you have a fulfilled life.:)

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Ram Srinivasan said…

    "I cried, So Cutee!".

    Could you be more girly? I pity DH. All he gets to do is play stupid board games with silly girls. Where is the guy fun coming in? Or, maybe he does nnot mind and thats why he is Dear;)

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Ram Srinivasan said…

    Did you pray for me?

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Twisted DNA said…

    Nice long post :)

    I never played pictionary. Judging from the pics, I shouldn't :) I couldn't figure out any of them.

    You know, I couldn't understand the imagineiff game :) But sounds like you had fun

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger SK said…

    PBJ,
    Thanks you have made my day! :--))

    OK,
    Arey! :--)
    Btw, we do guy stuff too, I wouldnt have watched I am Legend! Its all compromise na. Hehe.
    I prayed for everyone, I think you are part of everyone. :--P

    TDNA,
    LOL! :--) You should try the game, its fun.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger kuttichuvaru said…

    lookin at the pics, I come to the conclusion tat all ur biology record books in high school must hv looked terrible :-)

    wat a relief..... so was mine!!!!

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Shilpa said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Shilpa said…

    SK,

    The pics looked real funny.
    Looks like it was a fun game.

    Imagineiff game sounds very interesting too...esp with gabtain...

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger SK said…

    KC,

    LOL! :--) Of course! I didnt Biology in 11th and 12th so I escaped in a way :--)

    Shilpa,
    Oh yes, Imaginiff with Gaptain was jaw cracking :--))
    Pictionary is always fun.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com