Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Sigh of Relief
Monday, October 11, 2010
..from me as the event we have been frantically preparing for came to a fitting finale over the weekend.

After spending every single weekend for the past couple of months preparing for this event, unsure whether it will take off or die a slow death, thankfully things started moving in the last couple of weeks and the event wasn't a flop after all. Doubling the investment is good enough returns no?

I went on stage to hold a mike after God knows how long. Thanks to Toastmasters, I was able to speak in front of an audience without nervousness or jitters or sweat breakouts. I am glad I was able to make use of those skills for a good cause.

I was quite intimidated by the crowd when not on stage, all suited up, it was supposed to be a high end event.

Some botch ups, some lessons learnt.

This weekend has been the most tiring weekend in recent times, staying up after midnight, preparing, practicing, setting up, clearing up. Slept like logs.

I am glad and a little bit sad that its over.

DH had a surprise birthday cake after the event! Did I say these people are just too nice for words?

Not only that but today, his actual birthday, P came home with sweets and cake! While I taught DH Cooking 101, as a gift :--P

Rasam sadham with potato curry for dinner. Yummy, yummy, yummy. I cannot wait for lunch tomorrow already. :--D
posted by SK @ 9:50 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com