Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Love life
Monday, September 06, 2010
No no am not going to talk about my love life :--P, rather I want say I love this life! I want to register these days somewhere so I can come back and remember these good times.

I was sick from last Wednesday, terrible terrible, somehow survived, when to Urgent Care on Saturday, spoiling all long weekend plans, but still, I had super fun this weekend.

What I liked about this weekend was people coming to our place impromptu, more importantly that did not cause me to go into panic mode, start wiping counters and other stuff until everything was squeaky clean, or start cooking for a baarat at the news.

Some of us were meet to discuss event stuff. I made veggie puffs and boiled ground nuts. Yumm! Then some people decided to come over for a Bhel Party. Two Tamilians hosting a Bhel party? But the folks who came were so nice, it was another team effort, everyone played a part in the making of the Bhel. I normally dont let people snoop into my kitchen too much, but this time I had no choice, but dont regret it either. Rather I enjoyed it. Because it shows how people treat our home like theirs, it reduces the gap and brings people a little bit closer. So I loved it!

After bhel we had a light dinner. And then followed it with a movie - Ocean's Eleven. It was a cozy night to remember.

Was quite embarrassed with doing/using some/many non-green, non-sustainable things. Use of plastic wraps/letting water run while cooking, not putting laptop to sleep when not using it, not taking out the power cord from the outlet when laptop is not charging, not turning off lights in rooms when people are not there, having Kissan jam :--(, and other Indian produce bought all the way from India. Atleast veggies and bread are local. Some start.

Small steps. Its not easy. But we will do our best.

Got this picture up finally after it had been sitting in a corner for almost a year. Hanging such huge pictures are not so simple apparently. I got it in a whim, no more such pictures. But I love it now that its all up! :--D



So love life as of today. :--) Hope everyone's having a good one.
posted by SK @ 8:46 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger nourish-n-cherish said…

    Nice pic SK. Have a similar one in my home (brown with 3 panels). Everyone who sees it always compliments it. Good choice :)

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger SK said…

    Yay Saumya! These split pics rocks dont they! :--)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com